Thursday, October 4, 2007

Can you find steampunk at Ikea?

So when I was at everyone's favorite swedish modern discount furniture store buying the chairs for Miss J's table, I wondered "could anything here be steampunk?" I found one light fixture that I thought *might* work while I was there; this Ottava Pendant Lamp (which is not listed on the website):



It doesn't look Victorian, but does have an early industrial feel.

I spent some more time today browsing the website and found some other things that might work:




There are also a couple of chandeliers, but at $60 and with modern finishes, I'm not sure they are worth it. (In the US you'd be better off at Lowe's or on Target's website.)

5 comments:

Josahn said...

Actualy this is in my kitchen and i like it. Very steampunk for me.

Josahn said...

Actualy this is in my kitchen and i like it. Very steampunk for me.

Patrick Kelly said...

Cannot an email link for you, so posting here.

Have you seen this: http://www.becausewecan.org/Office_interior_with_custom_desks ??

FWIW, it does mention IKEA :)

Sara said...

Patrick -- I do remember that, and have seen it. Quite a bit of skill in that Ikea transformation...

Frederic -- would love to see a pic of your kitchen.

Vega said...

I put it in my kitchen too. I spray painted it hammered copper.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin