Friday, January 8, 2010

Lucky 7 Lampwerks

Paul Cuthbert of Lucky 7 Lampwerks combines edison bulbs and industrial detritus to form lighting that is also art.


He says:

If you go into the engine room of a ship or the boiler room of a building, there is a beauty in the placement of common instruments. It lies in their relationship to the machinery around them. My objective was to bring to life a slice of a forbidden place... the restricted areas.

This last one reminds me of my father-the-mechanic's shop. Not a restricted area for me -- but the combination of heavy metal forms and thick orange extension cords, combined with the feel of dirt and dark in the photography pushes nostalgia buttons for me.

2 comments:

Artsnark said...

these are great! Love the clean look of the 2nd one

Jen said...

Hello!
I stumbled across your blog while wandering around, searching for steampunk sites. I'm relatively new to the movement but can I say I LOVE your blog? I've been perusing the articles now for over an hour! I simply cannot stop but, alas, it's almost quitting time! I cannot wait to return tomorrow and browse some more. Through your articles I've discovered some wonderful items and design ideas. Thank you, thank you! It's very nice to "meet" you!

All the best,
Jen
http://sagewoodmanor.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin