Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Top Posts for 2007

I spent some time looking back over the 129 2007 The Steampunk Home posts to find what I -- and you -- thought were the best. This is a combination of the posts with the most comments, the ones that had the most views, and my favorites. Enjoy!

The post that started it all of -- not my first, but the one that brought me many of my first readers -- was Results of.... The Challenge where I challenge decorator by email Lynn Cimino to revamp my bedroom in a steampunk style.






Two posts that people seem to like the sound of -- at least they keep stumbling across them via searches -- are the ones on kitchens. First, A Steampunk Kitchen (with some exceedingly good ideas in the comments) followed a little while later by Kitchen Cabinets.






My favorite posts were the weeklong series I did for my Birthday Extravaganza: Jules Verne and 20,000 Leagues. 7 posts in 7 days was a fatiguing pace!






"Query" was a quick rumination on the silliness (or not) of Steampunk as a home decorating scheme, but generated some very passionate and well thought comments.

Finally, the post I am most proud of is the interview with Andrew Meieran, designer of the Edison Bar.

I hope 2008 will be twice as lovely -- with posts galore on projects and rooms in both my home and yours! Thank you for reading and commenting. I'm having a lot of fun and hope you are, too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin