Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Mr. von Slatt's Victorian RV


Mr. von Slatt (yes, that von Slatt) recently posted some pictures and a video of a school bus he converted to a Victorian styled recreational vehicle.

I was trying for a Victorian look in my design, I wanted something that had the feel of a sea coast summer house that had been in the family for generations. Something bright, light, and simple but with an air of country elegance. All within the constraints of material I found or was given.

My favorite is the kitchen, with blue greens similar to the interior paint of the typical school bus.




There's a whole video on how he did the conversion -- it's very interesting!

According to Jake's video, people ask: "Why would you do this?" His answer -- the best one -- "I love to build things!"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin