Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Glass Tools

These tools/works of art have been haunting my thoughts since Tree sent them to me.




By artist Lou Lynn, who says:

"My sculpture is informed by architecture, archaeology and industrial objects. The recent body of work references the function and aesthetics of hand-tools and functional objects that have been used throughout history. I am interested in combining the fragility, strength, and optical properties of glass with bronze or aluminum to create contemporary forms that are reminiscent of artifacts from times past. The juxtaposition of contrasting materials invites the viewer to explore the tension that exists between strength and fragility."

3 comments:

Artsnark said...

really cool. thanks for sharing

Plush Possum Studio said...

Thanks for sharing this unique view on your world! Gotta love those two assemblage sculptures. wonderful stuff here!
Rose

Plush Possum Studio said...

Did I say 2?
!!
I mean, THREE. They are all wonderful examples of what is possible in this genre.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin