Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Vincent Leman Bookshelves


In my quest to satisfy my current library fascination, I discovered furniture maker Vincent Leman. He considers "traditional furniture" his medium -- no, he doesn't actually deconstruct real furniture to make these twisted pieces, but rather reinterprets it.

The first two are part of his custom, one of a kind art line, but lucky for us he also has a more accessible line called "Dust" (I'm wondering if he's a fan of Philip Pullman). The dust line doesn't have the rich wood finishes, but the pieces extend their whimsy through color as well as shape.

There's more than bookshelves. See the whole line at Dust Furniture, The Artful Home, and American Artisan.

4 comments:

Michael said...

Those are very cool and I'd like to have a few of those for my books.

daysease said...

interesting... for some reason, it reminds me of Alice in Wonderland.

Mother Otter said...

I thought the same thing, Daysease!

Jillian said...

Totally reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. My husband and I wanted to do an Alice in Wonderland Nursary...so this would be perfect. Thank you for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin